6.08.2007

At least the Spurs aren't in a funk


Well, it's been a long week back from vacation. I've been in a pretty serious funk that showed signs of dissipation tonight but is still here. I was stuck between getting what I knew I needed and the expected picture tonight during game 1 of the NBA Finals. I am rarely stuck like that but I didn't pull out of it. I don't know why. But the game was pretty fun and it was amazing what the afternoon off before the game did. Maybe I just need a little more "me" time right now and I know that fire will start going again soon. What a scary thought though... if it can go away for a week, can it go away permanently?

2 comments:

John Galayda said...

i recently battled a severe case of the photo funk...try to get plenty of bed rest and drink a lot of whiskey

Lance Rosenfield said...

when is the last time you picked up your favorite book? doesn't even have to be a photo book.. but if it is, even better... also for me, going for a swim in a cold quiet creek helps.. alone.. go underwater and feel the current rush over you and through your hair, over your skin... remember that the water is timeless.. it finds its way to the ocean and touches a billion life cycles as it goes... including yours.. you are connected to all that is around you... it is experiencing life in this simple form that helps invigorate me..

it's a privilege to witness... don't forget that.. imagine not being allowed to do that.. and you'll quickly remember why you're a photojournalist.

have you started a photo book? you should if you haven't. i would buy one.