
This morning I set out to spend THE moment with people who really cared about what was happening. I wasn't scheduled to work until 1 so I called the photographer covering what appeared to be the best celebration in town to make sure he didn't mind if I came and hung out, promising not to get in his way. There were several tv cameras set up and other photographers so I looked around to see what else I could find. I saw a security guard open a different door. I asked if people were watching the inauguration inside. I found a small group sitting at one table watching in the cafeteria. They stood when the crowd in D.C. stood, they sang The National Anthem with their hands over their hearts. Frankie Williams cried throughout the ceremony but the most tender tears she shed were during Benediction. It was such an honor to share the experience with such beautiful people.
No comments:
Post a Comment