The actual transition from 2007 to 2008 was a blur in an insanely long day/night/morning of shooting, working the desk and putting the staff's year-end pictures in a slide show. When I put 2008 in my caption today for that fabulous first babies picture, it didn't make any impact on my mental state. Should a new year mean something?
But as I've been struggling through these last few weeks in an overworked (I admit partially my own fault and choice) fog, I keep thinking one thing, I want to make pictures that matter. I need to make pictures that matter. So that's my resolution (in addition to eating healthy, exercising, flossing, filing my taxes on time, giving people prints when I promise them and returning emails-sorry if I never returned yours in 07).
In 2008 I resolve to MAKE PICTURES THAT MATTER!
1.01.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So what do you mean by "matters"? Matters to YOU? The person/family/community that you're photographing? The reader? An art buyer? Your peers? A contest judge? They're all different. I'm curious as to what Lisa Krantz means when she says that she resolves to take pictures that matter.
Your friend,
Lance
Post a Comment