

I'm working on a story about Helotes, a growing city with about 7,000 residents on the outskirts of San Antonio. Many residents are struggling to keep Helotes a quaint country town on the edge of the hill country while developers have a different plan for the area. The town made headlines three years ago when the community banded together to stop Wal-mart from building there and most recently for the never-ending mulch fire. This Saturday they will either re-elect their current mayor or elect a new one and the race is pretty heated. This story will hopefully not run for a while but the written part of the story focuses on the current mayor so I will be spending time with him and his campaign this week. Tonight I shot a meet and greet for the mayor at a supporter's home.
1 comment:
i like the mood of this piece so far.
Post a Comment